*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 31 March 2018

Day 10: Moving day.

Hello Friends and Followers.

Yesterday we left a rather misty Birmingham to head for the Black Country Living Museum.
We had a three hour cruise and decided to do Brades Locks, for a change. The trip was uneventful and we did not see another moving boat.
We arrived at the museum moorings at 11.30 am ish and whilst I sorted the boat out Keith went off and got us Fish and Chips for lunch.
The Racecourse Colliery was reopened today after having some restoration work done and to celebrate the Highley Colliery Brass Band were entertaining the crowds which was brilliant. I love to hear Colliery Bands.
Charlie had a busy day pulling the coal hopper. It was a brilliant day, with the weather being kind, although by the end of the day it had gotten colder.
As the afternoon wore on into the evening the rain began to fall and it did not stop. We went out for drinks with friends at The Fountain Inn. A lovely evening as had, but it was still raining when we left for home.
We had a brilliant day in all though.

Happy Easter one and all.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails