*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 27 March 2018

Day 8: The city centre.

Hello Friends and Followers.
A damp start to Tuesday, but the sun would put in an appearance for a while.
We walked into the city, as I wanted to get some fruit and cheese from the vibrant market. I do love Birmingham market and all it has to offer.
The city is going through something of a transformation, with lots of building work going on, which only enhance the city even more.
Having walked around the market, brought our purchases we walked back past Council Hall, where university students were celebrating having collected their degrees. One of my first jobs many years ago was to make the gowns that are used by students to collect their degrees. I used to cut them out and sew them together. I also made barrister and judges robes. So seeing these gowns bought a smile to my face.
We arrived back to the boat for lunch and the rain decided to fall once more.
I spent the afternoon finishing another book and I am now about to read 'A Mother's Sacrifice' by Kitty Neale. I am going through books like a dose of salts at the moment, which is nice, because when on our mooring I hardly read at all.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails