*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 17 November 2018

Channeling my energies.

Hello friends and followers.

Well they say time heals and I know this to be true, after many things I have gone through in my life so far. I have always come out of the other end stronger and wiser. Of course losing our angel has been upsetting, but we know we did what was best for him and not what was best for us. Keeping a pet going, when you know they are suffering is not my way and never has been. I had to let Chester my Golden Retriever go when he was four and half due to liver cancer, and I did not want him to suffer. So for me saying "Goodbye" to Paddy was heartbreaking, but I have channeled my upset into something worthwhile.
I have sat and made another blanket for The Border Collie Trust GB. When I have ends of balls, I join them all together and make a rainbow blanket and that is what I have done in Paddy's memory.
Making this blanket has given me something to focus on. I am so pleased with the colours and I hope that which ever Collie gets it, loves it and feels lovely and cosey in it.
When I was not finishing the blanket, I was up in town looking around the market. I also had a nosey around one of Warwicks antique centres. It is clear to see, everyone is gearing up for Christmas. There were also a lot of shoppers out and about, no doubt Christmas shopping. I will get my act into gear come the 1st December. I do not even buy mince pies until the 1st December.
Since losing Paddy, the boat has been so quiet. There is no stepping over him as he lies across the floor in the saloon. No listening to him squeaking his ball, or listening and watching him dream of rabbits running across the field. But I am getting things done and planning things. I am planning to repaint the engine room. My decision has to be whether I do it now or in the Spring. I also have the ceilings to paint in the bathroom and saloon, which will wait till after Christmas, because I have the decorations to hang. If I fill my time with jobs, it gives me less time to think, which is a good thing right now.
Tomorrow I am thinking about gardening.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails