*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****

Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.

I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****

Friday 9 November 2018

When is the time right?

Hello friends and followers.

How amazing it is, that we are into November and the weather is still incredibly mild. I do however wonder, if we will pay for this at some stage. My thought is, bring it on, because I am ready for whatever is thrown at me. Coal is bought, gas is full, plugged into the electric, water on tap and nice and snug onboard. I have never been one to worry about what the weather does. I will just take whatever comes and deal with it.

The title of my post 'When is the right time' is concerning Paddy our handsome Border Collie Paddy.
We have had Paddy since he was 11 months old. He came to us through The Border Collie Trust from a working farm and he has been an Angel on four legs. The people who had to let him go due to ill-health, sent a letter with him and at the bottom it said "Paddy does not have an evil bone in his body". That was true then and has always been true. He has never shown aggression towards anyone or anything. He has been the perfect boat dog.
His favourite position has always been horizontal. He even loved it when Marmite our tabby cat curled up in his coat.
Sadly with age, his health has been going down hill. He is coming up to his 15th year and we are getting to the point when we must make a difficult decision. Over the past year his back legs have been failing. He has been having some weird turns and getting him to eat has been a major issue of late. Over the past few weeks, we have been getting wet beds, which is either due to his back legs going or the funny turns he has. Next week we are taking him to the vets for his annual vaccination and a health check. We both feel that if Paddy is suffering, then we will make the decision, but we will of course speak to the vet and see what she suggests. My question was 'When is the time right'?
I have been through this difficult time once before when my Golden Retriever had Liver Cancer at four and half years of age. The vets were all for keeping him going on tablets, but he had no quality of life and for me that is what it is all about. If the animal has no quality of life then they should be allowed to go. I cannot see a pet in pain or miserable and of late Paddy has not looked happy. I fear that a decision is coming, but we will see what happens this week.
What would you do?
Have you ever had to make the decision?

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.


Related Posts with Thumbnails