*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 29 August 2019

Day 18. Onwards to Hillmorton.

Hello family, friends and followers.

After heavy overnight rain, we had the joy of mist upon the cut this morning.
It always brings me joy and a smile, when I see mist on the cut. There is nothing more stunning at this time of the year.
We set off at 8.20am and stopped at Hawkesbury Junction at 8.40am to fill the water tank. Oh my goodness me the tap was so very slow. Neither of the taps have locks on and one of the handles was broken, so I reported them both. We did not fill the tank because we had been there over three quarters of an hour and life is way to short to wait any longer for water, so we headed off to make the turn.
Past the old engine house.
The turn at Hawkesbury Junction and The Greyhound Pub, which is a boaters pub from a bygone era. The lock was busy, so we had to wait for the boat to exit, so we could enter, but as it is only a few inches in drop, it did not hold us up any.
Onward to Rose Narrowboats, where I stepped off to open the swing footbridge. Sean a friend of ours kindly shut it for us. We had a quick natter to Charlie and Matthew, before carrying on.
We approached Newbold Tunnel, with a Rose Dayboat in front of us. They did not seem to realise it is two way traffic through the tunnel, so they had us for company as we both entered and exited the tunnel.
We stopped of briefly in Rugby, so I could go and pick up some shopping from Tesco. I left Keith with the boat, because he is having issues with his back again. But hopefully his medication will do the trick as always. Shopping done, we moved off and I stowed away the shopping which on the go.
We have finished up mooring below Hillmorton Locks for the night. After an interesting day boating wise, we can relax and Keith can rest his back. My mozzie bites seem to be settling down thankfully. I just have to remember not to scratch my feet :-).

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails