*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 15 August 2019

Day 4. Bridge 79 to Hartshill.

Hello family, friends and followers.

After a good nights sleep, we were awake at 6am, so sat in bed drinking tea, whilst listening to BBC Coventry and Warwickshire. The sun was shining through the porthole, which meant we were in for a good start to our days cruising.
We left the over night mooring at 7.30am and headed for Hillmorton Locks.
We were joined by Narrowboat Myrtle, so I helped set their lock, whilst working our lock. That is the joy of having two locks side by side. 
We were down the locks in no time and on our way.
It was lovely to meet Maurice one of the volunteer lock keepers, who I see on Twitter. Tomorrow they will all be on duty for the Macmillan Cancer Charity Coffee Morning, where the volunteers all bring cakes along to sell and make money for a wonderful charity. Last year they raised over £500. 
This time of the year is known as the silly season by many boaters and it is easy to see why. We met no end of boats and overtook a couple of boats as well. Unfortunately some boaters, do not seem to know which side of the canal they are supposed to be on, when taking a bend and others seem to think they are still on the motorway. But we just carried on regardless.
At 1.50pm, we took the turn at Hawkesbury junction and glided onto the Coventry Canal. 
Our cruising day ended at Hartshill at 4.30pm having done 26.5 miles, 4 locks, 1 tunnel in 8hrs 50mins. My legs ache and I know I will sleep well tonight. We will be off down the Atherstone flight tomorrow.

Pop back soon xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails