*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 9 August 2019

On your marks.

Hello family, friends and followers.

We are on our marks, for our Autumn cruising, which will begin very soon. But in the meantime, I have been getting lots of things sorted out. In my last post, I cemented the new smoke box into place.
After a couple of days of drying out, I painted the new smoke box, flue and stove, with stive blacking. I sorted the plates out and rehung the curtains. I had been waiting for some curtain hooks to arrive, but when they did not show, I found some at our local hardware store, which work just fine. Sods law a couple of days later, the ones I ordered online arrived, so I have spares, should any break.
The Copper kettle got a clean as did the lamp and the top of the stove was laid.
I love it when the back cabin so all dressed. It feels so much like home. I even went out and bought some wool in different Greens to make a new blanket for the side bed. The idea for the pattern, came from the blankets I make for the Collies, who I am still making blankets for.
We have loaded the boat with coal for the cold weather when it arrives and done and oil change on the generator and engine. I still have the water tank to fill and a laundry wash to do, but we are so close to being ready for the off again.
We have five events, which we are booked into, so it will not be a busy time, but an enjoyable time.
I will catch up with you all, when we leave our mooring.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails