*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 25 May 2022

Congerstone to Snarestone.

 

Dear followers.

Good afternoon family and friends. After an incredibly quiet night. Not a sound to be heard, we left Congerstone this morning at 8:25am. 

A very pleasant day for boating, despite a bit of drizzle early doors. 

The sun has popped out from time to time. Winded and moored at the present terminus of the canal at Snarestone wharf at 10.35am, 2hrs 10mins, no locks. 

Have not been here for 10 years, so we are going to see some changes to the now extended canal. Work is ongoing to reach Moira. I had a bit of a sort out and donated a few items, which they can sell in their shop, to help to raise funds for the rest of the canal restoration. I am not sure I am going to see it fully open in my lifetime, but hey who knows. They have around 7 miles to go, so it is possible. Being back out boating, is a real pleasure and has been much needed. This past two years, have been difficult for us all, what with Covid and the lockdowns. I feel, I have been pretty lucky, what with having the mooring and garden and lately my stable job with some amazing ponies, and not forgetting the Donkey, Pig, Geese, Ducks and Pheasants. I completely understand for many it has been a really challenging time, but lets hope, that we can all now move forward and enjoy the rest of 2022. 

Pop back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails