*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 24 August 2011

Restrictions tighten.

Taken from the Waterscape site.

Restriction: Grand Union Leicester Line Foxton Locks

24 Aug 2011 until further notice

Associated Regional Office: South East Waterways

With effect from Friday 26th August passage through Foxton Locks will be restricted to essential passage ONLY.

Essential passage is defined for those boats who have a home mooring or are a hirer based between Foxton Locks and Kings Lock 38 (GU Leicester Line) Passage will continue to be allowed between the hours of 9.00am - 4.00pm daily.

Lock Keepers will have lists of boats in the above categories and will be enforcing strictly against this.

Further Information - Saddington Reservoir is the main feed for the current restricted section (between Kibworth Top Lock and Kings Lock) on the GU Leicester Line.
Existing stocks at Saddington will last only 3-4 weeks based on current use, when this supply is exhausted a full stoppage will result in this location.

We would advise that only boats with a draft of 2ft 4inch and less attempt to navigate through this restricted area given restrictions in supply and fluctuating levels.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

(Enquiries: Steve Morgan 01908 302500)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails