*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 26 April 2011

Foxton top lock to Crick.

Hi Friends.

Just a quickie today because I have a dreadful GPRS signal here at Crick and for anyone who has ever moored at Crick they will know how bad the signal can be.

After such a fantastic weekend weatherwise, what a difference in the weather today, we are back to winter conditions and winter woollies, brrrrr. We set off from Foxton locks at 8:00am and arrived at Crick at 1:45pm, not a bad run, despite every man and his dog out on the water, especially at bridge 'oles. I think many people are taking advantage of the extra few days holiday due to the Royal Wedding on Friday. Whilst on the move, I made us Sausage sandwiches for linch on the run and lots of coffee. When we arrived at Crick and had moored up in one of only two spaces left, we visited Richard and Chrissie on NB Digitalis to pass on a letter that had arrived at Union Wharf for them, yes we now into postal services, :-). Chrissie very kindly made us a coffee. It was lovely to catch up with them and their plans for a new life in Kings Lynn. We then walked into Crick village to do some shopping at the Post Office and Co-op. I love the bread the Post Office gets in everyday, but they only had a small insliced loaf left, so I grabbed it.
We may not have a good online signal, but the TV signal is not to bad, so I can at least watch the TV this evening.
Tomorrow we will finally get off of our Winter coal run patch and head for pastures new, we just need to clear Watford Locks tomorrow morning, but I am expecting to queue as there are a lot of boats about at the moment.
I am off now to find something for dinner.

Chat soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails