*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 28 August 2011

This is why.

naseby

Over the past few days whilst we have been on the move, we have had people asking "why are the restrictions are on", and I should add the majority of these have been other boaters, who have taken no time to read any of the restriction notices on the boards or lock gates. I think this photograph says it all really. This is Naseby Reservoir and it is not the only one looking like this. Saddington Reservoir is the same as are others across the country. So if your a boater and your reading this, please read the restriction notices, they are there for you benefit and then you will understand. May I also say please stop moaning about the rain, because if we do not get more of the wet stuff, none of us will be moving anywhere because the canals will be shut.

What has bought on this Sunday rant your thinking? It is bought on by a couple I met this morning, who jokingly said "Thank goodness the rain has stopped, that orange thing in the sky is the sun I think". I almost lost it. It is sad to say that there are some who only think about themselves and their own movements on the system. It is not all about one boater, it is about all of us, continuously cruisers, those who work on the canal to try and make a living and those who are on moorings who want to wake up in the mornings on the straight and narrow and not leaning over with everything falling out of their cupboards.

Ok rant over. Have a Happy Sunday xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails