*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 31 August 2011

Yelvertoft to Sparford Bridge No.41, near Welford Junction.

Map image

Hi Folks.

Yelvertoft to Sparford Bridge No. 41 near Welford Junction. 8 miles in 2 hrs 55 mins.

IMG_5403

After a chilly night in a warm boat, I slept like a log and woke up full of va va voom. After an early morning cuppa and discussions on what to do next, we decided that we would move today towards Foxton.

IMG_5404

Before leaving we spoke to Brian and Shirley and said we would see them again at some point, which will probably be after the Foxton Festival on the 17th and 18th September.

With the strict restrictions in place at Foxton Locks, it was a very A very quiet, but pleasant run this morning, we saw 6 other boats on the move, 3 private ones and 3 hire boats. There was a couple of spots we could have moored, but they were already taken up by boats, which never seem to leave the Leicester Line. IMG_5406

Now which do you think came first the barn or the bales of straw???? The barn is new because it was not there when we left the line in May, but it does look as if they have trying to build the barn around the bales.

We have moored near Sparford Bridge No.41 as there was no one there, hopefully we should have a nice quiet mooring here just for a change, rather than at Welford Junction, which is just round the corner. The lovely thing about where we are moored is the towpath here is wider than at the junction, so Marmite is already running around outside and enjoying the freedom. Paddy is on the back counter and feeling a little sorry for himself, because he has thrown up twice this morning, so not sure what is wrong with him, but he will not get fed for the rest of the day and I will keep an eye on him. Usually when he is poorly it is because he has eaten something which has upset his delicate stomach.

Whilst typing this, I am sat eating Sausage and Onion sandwiches, which were cooked in the back cabin stove and taste mmmmm. It is a little dull outside, so maybe we will get some rain. If we don't then I will be going out with my camera.

Chat soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails