*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 25 January 2012

Smeeton Aqueduct to Debdale Wharf.

Map image

Smeeton Aqueduct to Debdale Wharf. 2 miles travelled in 45 minutes.

Having spent a couple of days at Smeeton Aqueduct, we decided to make a move towards Debdale Wharf, where we will be taking on some diesel.

Yesterday (Tuesday) was a quiet affair because the weather was not very nice for walking, which is what we had planned on doing. It was raining cats and dogs for most of the day, which of course is more than welcome. We had thought of walking up to Saddington Reservoir, but did not see the point in plodding across muddy fields to go and check on the water level, so instead we stayed in all day and did a few things on the boat, including making a Sausage Casserole, which we enjoyed with large Dumplings. With so much sitting around, I was ready for my bed at 9.30pm. I think with Keith snoozing beside me in his chair it made me feel tired.

This morning (Wednesday) the rain has gone and we had a overcast start to our day. Paddy and I went out along the towpath for our walk. On a regular basis we see missing dogs and cat poster, but this morning I spotted this missing person notice.

IMG_6208

Stuart Taylor has been missing since the 13th December. I have seen the posters at Foxton and in Market Harborough, but non of them had the heart felt message on them from Stuart's partner Lorraine. I have to say it left a lump in my throat. I sincerely hope Stuart is found safe and well very soon. If your reading this and think you know where he is Please contact one of the numbers on the poster photograph above, or contact your local police. My thoughts at this time are with his partner, family and friends, who must beside themselves with worry.

IMG_6211

Having eaten breakfast, stoked up the fires, charged the batteries, had a coffee and tidied up, we left Smeeton Aqueduct at 9.55am and headed towards Debdale Wharf. It seemed as if there was no one else on the move, but then we saw a hire boat coming towards us through a bridge 'ole. The hire boat allowed us through the bridge 'ole first, which was very nice of them.

IMG_6217

Over the past few days we have not seen another moving soul, everyone seems to be stuck to their moorings and going no where. Maybe that is why we love Winter cruising so much.

We are now on a one boat mooring place near Debdale Wharf, the bird feeders are up and already the Blue Tits and Great Tits are tucking into an early lunch. The TV aerial will be going up after lunch and I am quite sure I will be finding plenty of things to do job wise, however I am not over doing things because of the wrist, which is slowly getting back to normal, but I am aware of it when lifting the coal bucket and emptying the ash, so I have to be careful, as i do not want to mess it up for the rest of the cruising year.

Chat later maybe x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails