*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 16 January 2012

Sunsets and feeding birds.

IMG_4507

Last nights sunset proved me with yet another photograph opportunity, as the temperature began to drop off like a stone. The temperature got down to -4.6c over night, so another heavy frost and the canal remained frozen. On waking up, I got the back cabin stove going by racking out the ash I had used to keep it in over night. With the bottom door of the fire left open, it soon kicked into life and we had a roaring fire. I also put some logs on the stove in the saloon to get that going as well, so it was cosy for when we got up, whilst up I made us both a cuppa, and we sat in bed watching TV for an hour, before it was time to get up to take Paddy out for his walk.

Back from our walk and breakfast done, I sat in the engine room and took some photographs of the birds using the bird feeders. Sadly I was not quick enough to photograph the Green Woodpecker which came calling. But did get the usual feeder birds.

IMG_4511

Long Tailed Tit.

IMG_4522

Robin

IMG_4539

Great Tit

IMG_4540

Blue Tit

All were eager for some easy to grab food. My morning was rather quiet, with me doing the usual tidying and cleaning, so I was looking forward to a more entertaining afternoon.

Chat soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails