*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 28 August 2012

Day 4 Shackestone, build up to the festival.


A rather overcast day today, with a sprinkling of rain during the morning, and the wind has been blowing a bit as well.
The site has not changed from yesterday, which was surprising, I thought other things may have been set up today, what with people going back to work tomorrow, but maybe people will arrive tomorrow to begin setting up more things.
During the morning, I cleaned all the brass on the boat, as it was beginning to look tarnished, so it will definitely rain now.
Boats have begun arriving. Yesterday Panther arrived and today more historic boats have shown up.
The moorings are filling up fast with private boats. I think with the Alvecote do now over with, boats will be arriving from now on. I have sold toilet blue and Brasso today which has been a bonus.

As the afternoon wore on, I was about to go off to take some photographs, when I saw a boat in the distance arriving which I knew. It was Roger and Teresa on Azalea, who have breasted up alongside us which is lovely. I invited them in for a cuppa and we caught up with all their news, they came up from Alvecote ready for the festival.
It is now 16.27pm and time to cook dinner, tonight we are having Sweet Chilli Chicken and Rice. My poor fridge is looking rather bare, so I am looking forward to a food delivery on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails