*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 28 August 2012

Day 5 at Shackerstone.

Historic boats are arriving now.
As expected most of them are coming from the Alvecote do.
The site has not changed much, a couple of fun fair wagons have arrived and some fencing has been erected, but apart from that it has been quiet. Cyril the organiser came and introduced himself, we had met him a few years ago, but it was nice to meet him again. We discussed our mooring spot and were told we were fine where we are, which is a huge relief, because with all the boats arriving, we would now be hard pushed to find anywhere else to moor where we can get Paddy off. With the boats all coming past us, we are slowly getting closer to the bank and by the weekend, we will be able to get rid of the gang plank which will please Paddy.
I just love this dragon kite, which is flying from one of the boats.
I have had a great day chatting to friends who we have not seen for a few years. It is always a joy to catch up with old friends and to meet new people who will be friends of the future. I have not got much work done, but did manage to get a wash done, which is hanging in the engine room. Keith put some boots on our new battery and checked the gearbox oil, which seems to have gone down, so it looks like we may have a leak somewhere on the gearbox. I have put down some more nappies and hopefully it will show us where the oil is leaking from. I hope this will not mean more expense.
The day is now heading towards the evening and I am all talked out I think, so it is time to cook some dinner and to put my feet up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails