*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 30 October 2012

Gallows Hill to Union Wharf, Market Harborough.

With Halloween approaching fast, the sky last night was pretty spooky.
I could not resist taking some photographs.

Travelled 5 miles in a time of 1 hour 50 minutes.

No urgency to get moving this morning, so we had a cup of tea in bed, watched a little TV and I got the back cabin fire going before I eventually got up at 8.15am. Paddy and enjoyed a stroll along the towpath in the Autumn sunshine, which was doing its best to warm the chilled air, after the temperature got down to 1.4c over night.
After all my early morning jobs were done, I got chatting to Tracy and Sam on NB Tilley and offered them some Tiller Pin covers made from plastic bags, which I had been given by another boater. They covers are knitted from the orange Sainsbury bags, which is an excellent recycling idea. We very rarely use mooring pins, so they are off little use to us, but I did say I would find a good home for them and now I have. 
At 11.35am we left our mooring and headed for the winding hole.
The Autumn colour is very vibrant now. I do so love to see the trees in their Autumn clothes.
On past the glue factory of J.G Pears.We then winded and headed back towards Market Harborough.
More Autumn Glory as we approached Market Harborough.
Leaving Market Harborough was Barbara on NB Cloud 9, she is now on her way to Warwick. It was lovely catching up with Barbara yesterday.
On arriving at Union Wharf, we winded and then pulled in against one of the pontoons. Also moored in the basin is Mo and Nessa on NB Balmaha.
We are moored in front of the Waterfront Restaurant who have several photographs of Hadar hung on the walls. We are now ready for our coal delivery which arrives in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails