*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 9 October 2012

There is always someone worse off.


It seems to be human nature that we see people who have things we wish we had or are doing things we wish we were doing and for many they wish they were in that position. But I can honestly say that I am happy with my lot. I have the freedom to do what I want and go where I like and I have the love and friendship of a wonderful man, plus the friendship of some amazing people. Wealth is not everything and whilst it can bring you some wonderful things, it can also bring misery. 

There are those who want to be able to influence people, in either their personal or working life and there are those who want to be successful to the point of thinking they rule the world. I find I have no wish to do any of those things, and it is not because I have no drive, I am just not made that way.
I live within my means and do not feel the need to have the material things that others see as must haves. 

Some people are very good at thinking they are better than others and yet we all came into this world the same way and we will all leave it the same way. The saying goes ""'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."
Some people choose to live their lives purely by how much they have monetary wise and in the amount of material goods they can show off to those around them, flash cars, big houses and a shoe collection which would put Imelda Marcos to shame. We do not have a car or a house and I only have a couple of pairs of good shoes because I spend my life in working shoes and boots, but I am happy with my lot, I wonder if people with all the trappings in life can say the same?

How many of us actually look at the flip side of the coin in terms of the life we have. Your life whilst it may not seem perfect, it may look like heaven to someone else. Especially to someone who is in a worse position than you are. I am fortunate to live a lovely life on our boat, but I know it is not the same for everyone.
I have been through my fair share of sadness in my life and know not to judge others, because I actually have an insight to how they feel. I have made poor decisions in my life, but have picked myself up and got on with life. I will always have sadness in my life, but I choose to not let it get me down, because life is not a rehearsal, this is the only chance we get. Of course I want to make a difference, but I do not need to do with with money or flash goods, I can do it with a kind word or act.

It is true to say that you can choose your friends, but your stuck with your family and I know more than most how that can affect what you do with your life and how you live you life going forward.

To someone who is homeless through no fault of their own, you house may seem like the perfect house and yet you are not happy with it. For someone who has been out of work due to redundancy, your job may be the perfect job, but you sit and moan about it every working day. Maybe just once in a while we should always see life from the other side of the track. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails