*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 23 October 2012

Market Harborough bound.

Another foggy start to the day. It does make everything feel very atmospheric though and just a little bit spooky.
Despite an aching tooth, I did sleep pretty well and was up and about just after 8am having enjoyed a cup of tea in bed first of course.
We eventually left our over night mooring at 9.40am for the short jaunt into Market Harborough. Since we were last here in February very little has changed. A Willow has been cut back which was hanging over the canal blocking a proper view of oncoming boats and a large piece of hedgerow from a garden which was out into the canal has gone, but apart from that there has been no change.
On approaching Bridge 14, the 14 day moorings were empty, so the decision was taken that if we could not get a towpath mooring in Market Harborough, we would wind in the basin and come back to these moorings. 
There was enough empty mooring space for us all be it on a bit of the bend, but it would do for the 48 hours.  having moored up we went to collect our post, but the office was shut, so it will have to wait now till Thursday. On the way back to the boat we stopped and had a coffee with David and Viv on NB First Fruits. It was great to catch up with them both and to hear all their news, because they are selling their wonderful boat and moving to the seaside no sooner they find a buyer for their beautiful boat. Having left David and Viv, I had a quick chat with Don on NB Idunno, who has a Winter mooring in the basin. We will catch up with Don and Gill more over the next couple of months. It is lovely to be back in Market Harborough and I am sure I will have a lot of things to post about whilst we are here.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails