*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 17 April 2013

Blowing a hooley.

Map picture

Travelled 19.12 miles, worked 1 lock in a time of 6 hours 30 minutes.

IMG_2193

We had a quiet night in Rugby. Having done the usual morning stuff, we set off at 8.35am with the wind getting up a little, making it a little on the chilly side. We said “cheerio” to Bet and Graham and wished them luck with selling their boat and their new adventure.

IMG_2196

Onward through Newbold Tunnel. Sadly there are now only three of the coloured lights working in the tunnel, someone needs to change the bulbs.

IMG_2198

Wrapped up against the weather.

IMG_2203

I love Donkeys.

IMG_2205

As we were approaching Stone Bridge on the outskirts of Coventry we met The Cheese Boat coming through the bridge ’ole. Onward to Hawkesbury Junction, I worked the stop lock and Keith did the turn off of the Oxford Canal and on to the Coventry Canal. We made the turn at 12.45pm.

IMG_2216

We passed my favourite dry dock and its manikins.

IMG_2218

Charity dry dock is a feast for the eyes.

I kept the coffee coming and lunch was eaten on the move, I put some Ham and Cheese slices in the back cabin oven to warm through. They are a meal in themselves and kept us going.

Nuneaton was then in our sights, I call it the land of the allotments, because there are a lot of them. With the sun out, people were busy tending their plots, hoping to grow their vegetables for the year. It is clear to see some spend a lot of time on their allotments and others need to try harder. I smile at the sheds or all shapes and sizes, of course we all know the sheds do not house the spades and forks, they are in fact a refuge for the gardener, where he keeps his kettle, magazines and a comfy chair. I remember when I had a vegetable garden, it was very rewarding and relaxing tending the land, but I do not miss it.

IMG_2223

Anyone missing some waders? They were just outside of Nuneaton hanging around.

IMG_2224

At 3.05pm we moored north of Nuneaton, just south of Springwood Haven Marina. The wind was blowing a hooley and I think we were all happy to stop for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails