*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 28 April 2013

Furness Vale turn right.

SAM_5069

Yesterday we went out for a walk even though it was raining gently. We walked up to the road bridge which took us up over the railway crossing, up station road and into the village.

SAM_5068

We walked past The Crossings Pub and turned right at the T Junction.

SAM_5070

In the village there is another hostelry The Soldier Dick Hotel which opened in 2011 after extensive work. There is also a Fish and Chip Shop, Post Office and Church.

SAM_5074

The views across the Goyt Valley are stunning.

SAM_5075

My photographs do not do it justice sadly.

SAM_5076

Having walked to the end of the village we followed a footpath which took us to the other side of the railway.

SAM_5077

I was hoping a steam train would come thundering along the track at this point, but no such luck.

SAM_5078

Fabulous view towards New Mills.

We walked back along the towpath and met up with Chas & Ann on NB Moore2Life, and Geoff and Mags on NB Seyella moored near Carr Swing bridge. We had a brief chat with them before they set off for Marple.

SAM_5079

Just a bit further up the moorings was NB Shelley Anne. I knocked on the boat and was greeted by Sarah-May who runs Baddie the Pirate a place for all your lighting needs. Sarah-May was just setting off with friends to cruise to Disley, so we hope to catch up with her at some point before we head back to Braunston for our Fridge/Freezer. It was a day of catching up with people we knew and this included Stewart on Historic working boat Ann. He was heading into Whaley Bridge.

After a refreshing stroll, it was back to the boat for lunch and an afternoon of sea faring films on Channel 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails