*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 2 April 2013

Cowroast to The Globe Inn, Linslade.

Map picture

Travelled 14.4 miles, 20 locks, 1 swing bridge, 7hrs 45mins.

SAM_4950

Over night the temperature got down to –4.2 c so rather nippy and when we left Cow Roast at 8.30 am it was still –1 c, but the sun was shining and it was glorious.

SAM_4952

We arrived at Bulbourne and the Marsworth Locks. On the way down the flight we met up with NB Armadillo. The last time we saw Graham and Jill was at Hillmorton Locks last year, where they had some coal off of us.

We made it to the bottom of the Marsworth flight by 11 am and so I put some sausages in the back cabin stove to cook for lunch.

IMG_2001

Sausage sandwiches mmmmm yummy.

IMG_1989

We saw a couple of Swans building their nests.

IMG_2002

There is still snow on the Chilterns.

On our travels today there have been quite a few boats moving up through the locks, many of them on their Easter break.

SAM_4957

We encountered our first queue of 2013 at Leighton Lock. Three Wyvern Shipping Hire Boats were being given lock instruction. We shared with the third boat who were out for three days on a taster trip.

Having cruised for over seven hours, we stopped at 4.15 pm. I have as always enjoyed today, meeting and greeting new people and saying “hello” to people we have met before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails