*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 10 July 2013

A Day Out In Nottingham.

Map picture

A much cooler start to Wednesday as promised by the weather forecaster last night on the BBC. We had a somewhat noisy night last night with the road noise, as we are so used to the peace and quiet of the countryside. Having walked Paddy, eaten breakfast and got a few jobs done, we took off for the centre of Nottingham, not knowing what to expect as we had never been there before.

SAM_5607

We walked down to Castle Lock.

SAM_5608

Castle Mound was over to our left.

SAM_5610

SAM_5612

There are some amazing buildings in the city centre and the tramway.

SAM_5618

SAM_5623

Theatre Royal.

SAM_5622

Brian Clough Statue.

SAM_5614

Nottingham launched a summer floral trail of specially designed willow sculptures.

SAM_5621

It comprises eight sculptures representing items that can be bought at city centre retailers.

SAM_5624

I thought they were all excellent, but clearly someone did not because the teapot was damaged.

SAM_5638

We spoke to a council worker who was checking on the statues and she told us that someone had vandalised the teapot, so it must have happened after I photographed it. There are some mindless people out there sadly.

SAM_5629

Keith and I outside the Nottingham Playhouse and in front of the Sky Mirror sculpture by Anish Kapoor.

SAM_5639

Jamie Oliver’s restaurant.

SAM_5645

SAM_5648

Nottingham Castle and Gardens.

SAM_5650

Robin Hood who was well known in Nottingham.

We really enjoyed our time in Nottingham and had a lovely lunch at May Sum. I would most definitely recommend coming to Nottingham it is a stunning city. The Ashes started today at the Trent Bridge Cricket Ground and we did see a few Australian cricket fans ready for the fight. Come on England, do us proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails