*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 11 July 2013

On the River Trent.

Map picture

Travelled 1.4 miles, worked 2 locks in a time of 1 hour.

A cooler start to the day, so very pleasant.

IMG_5294

We left our mooring at 8.45 am and set off towards Castle Lock.

IMG_5299

There was already a boat going down in the lock, but the gentlemen on board said they would wait for us at the next lock, which they indeed did.

IMG_5305

We pasted by the Old Fellows, Morton and Clayton building.

IMG_5316

With the Ashes Test being held at Trent Bridge we saw many fans heading for the ground.

IMG_5317

Notts County Football Ground.

IMG_5318

Nottingham Forest Football Ground opposite Meadow Lane Lock, where we shared the lock down on to the river with another boat.

IMG_5321

IMG_5323

Out on to the River Trent for the first time and it is stunning. We cruised past the Nottingham Forest Football Ground.

IMG_5327

IMG_5329

Hello sailors.

IMG_5334

We moored up opposite the War Memorial, with Mark and Maggie on NB Forever Young.

IMG_5337

Maggie and Keith having a natter.

IMG_5339

Fabulous mooring for a few days.

Having sorted ourselves out, we headed off into West Bridgford for a look around and to soak up some of the atmosphere of the Ashes Test.

SAM_5660

Aptly named. We trawled the charity shops of which there are many and had a coffee and sausage roll at a cafe, so Keith could rest his back.

SAM_5663

Trent Bridge.

SAM_5665

The new score board, which at the time was happy reading.

SAM_5667

Cricket fans basking in the sun and the atmosphere. The roar when the 9th Wicket was taken was incredible, it made me want to be there.

SAM_5669

Nice cuppa.

SAM_5672

I bet they will have a fab day today, but sunscreen is needed as it is very warm now. I am really looking forward to looking around further and catching up with Maggie and Mark more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails