*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 25 July 2013

Beeston to Shardlow.

Map picture

Travelled 8.33 miles, worked 5 locks in a time of 3 hours 55 minutes.

IMG_8035

We left Beeston at 9.00 am.

IMG_8038

Up through Beeston Lock and onward for our last leg of the River Trent and along the Cranfleet Cut.

IMG_8045

2nd Beeston Sea Cadets Island.

IMG_8054

Ratcliffe Power Station.

IMG_8067

Leaving Trent Lock.

IMG_8088

We arrived at the junction at 11.00 am and headed on towards the Trent and Mersey (Motorway). We had such a wonderful time on the River Trent and have said we will definitely be going back again.

IMG_8091

Sawley Lock.

SAM_5763

With no lock keeper on, I was in charge of working the lock. C&RT key inserted into the box, buttons pressed and we were soon on our way.

IMG_8092

IMG_8096

Passed Sawley Marina and on to the second of the Sawley locks which is a flood lock.

IMG_8102

Under the M1 motorway bridge.

IMG_8104

Trent and Mersey ahead.

IMG_8106

Both Keith and I were still finding it hard to remember any of our 2009 trip. As we came into Shardlow, I did recall The Malt Shovel, not because we drank there, but because there was a trading boat moored right on the bend to get the trade from the pubs. There was no room on the 48 hour moorings, so we had to go up through Shardlow Lock.

SAM_5766

Below the lock is the Heritage Centre and the 18th Century Trent Mill.

SAM_5769

Shardlow Lock Cottage.

SAM_5770

We moored up above the lock and had some lunch.

After lunch we had a walk around the village, which is very pretty with some historic houses and warehouses, so well worth a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails