*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 10 May 2015

Banbury being enjoyed.

IMG_2337

Our Banbury mooring has been such a quiet one. Even at night it is like the grave. Friday night I got a bit of a fright. I went to bed and could hear what I thought was a fire somewhere outside. I poked my head out of the back cabin doors and saw flames coming from the park by the stern of the boat. I wondered what the heck was going on, so put my slippers on and went and investigated. Due to it being the 7oth anniversary of VE day, the Banbury Council had lit the beacon and that was where the flames were coming from. Phew panic over with.

Saturday morning came and I was awake at stupid o’clock as was Keith, so I made us a cuppa and we sat and listened to the radio. It was of course full of the General Election. After the usual boat stuff and animal stuff in the mornings, we walked into the town and had lunch at our favourite Chinese Buffet for the second day running.

IMG_2381

Ruby the owner immediately recognised us and we enjoyed a really good chat with her. Top Wok is an excellent Chinese Buffet, so if your in Banbury go and pay it and Ruby a visit. We paid Tooley’s Boat Yard a visit, to see if we could get a couple of bolts and nuts, but they did not have what we wanted and it looked as though they are running the shop down, because they had very little there. After another look around the town it was back to the boat for a well earned rest, before I took Paddy out to play ball in the park. The poor boy really struggle these days to play for any length of time and before long he was walking drunk back to the boat, so we cut short play time.

Sunday and once again awake way to early. There was a chill in the air when I took Paddy for his morning walk and the cloud hardly broke all day.

SAM_7006

Keith and I paid a visit to our friend Bruce who moors at Grimsbury Wharf outside of Banbury. He showed us their railway and buildings.

SAM_7009

It was fantastic to see him and to see him looking so well. Having left Bruce we walked into the town because we needed a cartridge for the printer. it was then time to get back to the boat and i got on with cooking some lunch.

After lunch, I took Paddy out for his afternoon stroll and then went out with my camera.

IMG_2386

Banbury Cross.

IMG_2397

There are some lovely buildings in Banbury and with it being a Sunday and very quiet, I got the chance to actually stroll around and take a few pictures. Castle Quay was busy with people though and so I had to run the gauntlet of kids and people who seem to like walking through you.

Tomorrow we will be winding and heading back from where we have come from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails