*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 12 May 2015

Cropredy to the top of Claydon Locks.

The morning began wet, with rain tip toeing on the roof of the back cabin. No point hurrying about, so I made our first cuppa of the day and we sat and listened to the radio and the rain.

Paddy got his walk in the rain, which of course did not please him one bit, but needs must. By 8.15 am the rain had blown over the the sun was out, so I went out and cleaned the brasses and prepared the boat for the off at 8.30 am.

SAM_7028

We had a good road, with boats coming down the locks and leaving them ready for us to go into.

SAM_7032

Passed this old wooden boat, with the back cabin at the wrong end of the boat. Sad to see a boat in need of such a lot of TLC.

SAM_7033

Definitely a project in the making.

SAM_7034

The end of this lock beam has clearly also seen better days.

SAM_7037

On our way neither of us noticed this nest in the lock gate, so we reckon it is a new nest. I did wonder how many boaters have spotted it on their way in or out of the lock?

Having come up the Claydon Locks the wind was getting up and se we decided to stop. Lunch was made and once more the rain came down.

SAM_7039

With the gusty wind, boats are finding it hard to control their boats, because we have had a couple of boats slam into us. This is our mooring for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails