*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 5 May 2015

Blowing up a storm.

Hecky Thump, it is windy out now.

IMG_2207

We decided to leave our lovely weekend mooring and head off towards Claydon Locks. Now when we left the mooring it was overcast and breezy, that soon changed into blowing a hooley and chucking it down with rain. The plus side of moving in this sort of weather is no one else is moving, so we only saw one boat and that was a Canal and Rover Trust work boat and we met that at a bridge ’ole. Bows touched but nothing to bother about.

rainbow

The highlight of the journey was a rainbow in the dark skies.

IMG_2221

We had our first lift bridge of this cruise and it was open Smile.

Mooring

With the thought there may not be any mooring spaces above Claydon Locks we decided to moor up on a mooring at Glebe Farm, which is just north of the locks. The wind actually helped with the mooring up, blowing us into the piling and it will definitely keep us pinned against it as it is really blowing up a storm outside.

Lunch is cooking and we will see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails