*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 10 April 2018

Day 19: Off to Merry Hill.

Hello Friends and Followers.
We were woken up this morning by the noisiest dawn chorus I have ever heard. It seemed like every bird woke up at once and decided to shout about the rain which was falling. I did however sleep really well, which was lovely and it was so quiet overnight. With the raining falling we decided to wait for it to abate as we weren't in any hurry to get moving.
10am and the rain had gone, leaving a lead coloured sky, but we thought we would risk it and make headway. On our way we came across Ann a C&RT volunteer who knows us, she was with her colleagues cleaning up rubbish at Primrose Bridge. As we went through the bridge hole we picked up a blade-full, so we pulled in around the corner and Keith cleared it all and took the rubbish back to Ann to dispose of. Ann and the other volunteers really have their work cut out keeping the cut clear.
We stopped briefly above Blowers Green lock to take on water, empty the toilet and dispose of rubbish, this included me changing the disposable nappies under the floors. Keith got chatting to one of the CRT staff clearing the water of rubbish, and he knew of Pisces, which Hadar is based on, as her used to be down in London. We had a short chat until a boat wanted to come up the lock, so we had to say "Cheerio" and head off.  We are now moored on the embankment, Merry Hill. After a quick change of clothes, we locked the boat up and went for a stroll around the Merry Hill shopping Centre and the only thing I came back with was tin foil.

Pop Back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails