*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 18 April 2018

Day 26: Under the weather.

Hello Friends and Followers.

After the last couple of days of hard work and lots of down the weed hatch time, today it was stay put day.
Both of us were worn out last night and for me it was bed at 9.30pm with a headache making me feel rough. I put it down to being tired. So having slept like a log, I was displeased to wake up with the same headache and a cough keeping it company. Joy of joys both us us woke up feeling rough.
Most boaters know that living on the canal can come with its dangers and one of them is contracting Weil's Disease and with us both feeling the same, we decided we needed to get checked out.
Before popping into the medical centre, I had to walk Paddy, who I chivvied along a bit this morning, because I was not at my best. He normally does what is needed and wants his bed, but this morning with lots of new smells about he wanted to take his time. We eventually got back to the boat, I fed him and Marmite and then we headed to the medical centre to see if we could be seen by a GP. The receptionist took our concerns very seriously and booked us in for an afternoon appointment.
With the whole day ahead of us, I did a small amount of handwashing and hung it out on the back counter. That just about washed me out (no pun intended), so it was feet up and a coffee for the morning, until I had to cook lunch, which today was a Buttered Chicken Curry with Rice and a Naan Bread, followed by Fruit and Yogurt.
3.10pm we were seen by a GP at the medical centre and she was very good taking all our details, checking temperature etc. Weil's Disease is rare and she did not think that either of us was suffering with it, but she did think we may have picked up a virus. Her advice was if our symptoms should get worse then to go back or go to A&E. I am a little relieved because a friends partner died of Weil's disease and therefore it was uppermost in our minds. Hopefully tomorrow we will feel more ourselves. I will dose up with Paracetamol and have another early night I think.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails