*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 28 April 2018

Day 35. Worcester walk and lunch.

Hello friends and followers.

Yesterday evening we moved mooring, to below the Commandery Lock, after some men had been knocking along the boat. I opened the engine room door and said "Can I help you", to which one replied "We were just seeing if anyone was on the boat, because we wanted a ride on a barge". My reply to this was "Yes we are in and we are not a barge and we do not give rides". This unnerved me, so we decided to move down with other boats. I am glad we did. We have a guys sleeping rough alongside the boat in a sheltered spot, but he is no problem and when we moored up, he waved and said "Hello". To which I said "Hello" back, so all is well there.

After the past couple of days and the amount of work I have done what with walking a locks. I slept so well last night and it was a peaceful evening thankfully. We woke to it still raining, so we were in for a soggy day.
We decided the weather was not going to spoil our day in Worcester, so after all the usual stuff, we left the boat and walked up alongside the cathedral, which is stunning outside and in as we would discover later in the day.
You cannot go to Worcester without going to see the river and this morning the swans were in competition with the rowers.
St. Andrew's Spire.
Berkley's Hospital and Alm's Houses.
Worcester is a vast place with lots of lovely side street and beautiful shops. There was also a market going on, with some fabulous items for sale. 
Lunch was eaten at U Canteen, which is a Chinese Buffet, where they cook to order. The food was extremely good and was a belated meal out for my Birthday.
Worcester is so worth a visit. There is so much to do and see. I love the higgledy-piggledy buildings, where they look like they have been squeezed in to a space.
Tomorrow we will do some more exploring.

Pop back soon xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails