*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 18 June 2019

Day 100: on the move again.

Hello family, friends and followers.

What an fantastic time we have had this past few days. We spent Thursday and Friday helping set up the site for the Foxton Locks Festival.
Marques going up.
Toilets arriving.
Fun Fair and stalls were settling in over the two days. Unfortunately the weather did its best to try and scupper the festival. But we were all made of stern stuff and we got on with it. At times the place was like a bog, but the 4X4 boys helped with pulling people in and out of the site. I did a stint on the camping site on the Friday and it was wet and more wet. But I did not have anyone get stuck and everyone was in good spirits.
Saturday was the beginning of a new and wonderful period in our lives, because we had family come to see us. We have not seen them for fourteen and nineteen years, so it was very special. We also got to meet our grandson's for the first time, which was amazing. I have always dreamt of seeing my girls again and my dream came true. Becky my middle daughter and Keith's son Oliver live together and they have Oscar 6 and Orion 10 months and Stephanie my youngest daughter came with Daniel her partner. Such a wonderful weekend was had, finished off with a meal at the Foxton Locks Inn for Fathers Day. It was Keith's first proper Fathers Day in 35 years. I was sad to see them go home on Sunday afternoon, after we had such a special time together, but we are planning many more visits.
This morning we set off from Foxton after yesterday helping to take down the festival site.
We are moored up at Welford Junction now.

Pop back soon xxxx.
PS. I have not posted family photographs for privacy reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails