*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 11 June 2019

Days 92 and 93: Waiting.

Hiya family, friends and followers.

Over the next few days I may be a little boring with my posts, or I may not post at all, because we are sat on a mooring waiting to help with the putting up of the festival site. The worry is the rain will cause issues, but we will be keeping our fingers tightly crossed in more ways than one, that the weather improves and the festival goes ahead. As of yet all is going forward, because the boat names were put out, so everyone knows where they are mooring for the weekend. Today we have moved forward by about three foot, to allow for the harbourmasters boat to fit in. We must not upset the harbourmaster :-), who is a lovely chap.
Anyway this past couple of days have been spent catching up with folk we know. Yesterday we spent a couple of hours with Geraldine and Michael on the Cheese Boat. It has been at least 4 years since we saw them last, so you can imagine how much we had to catch up on.  Then Ray and Caroline arrived on Tranquil Days. They moor in the Arm over the Winter, so we last saw them in March, but there was still things to talk about. During the afternoon, we enjoyed cake and a cuppa in the Foxton Locks Museum as they celebrated their 50th Birthday. All in all a quiet relaxing day amongst friends.
Last night was stormy to say the least. We had lots of the wet stuff, which we definitely need and the wind was blowing a hooley all night. We did not rock and roll much, because we were moored up securely and we were also not under any trees to worry about, but I still had a disturbed sleep. I went off alright, but then woke up listening to the Sheep in the field next to us going ballistic. I was thinking all sorts of things, like perhaps there was Sheep napping going on or they had escaped. I think it was more the fact they did not enjoy the heavy rain or wind, because the field still had Sheep in it this morning. But these days you just never know. Anyway after a disturbed night, we were up at 8 am and the rain was still falling. The wind was still strong, but I wanted to get a laundry wash done, so I filled up my granny trolley and wandered down to the laundrette and did a wash. I was first down there, so did not have long to wait. I got myself a cuppa and sat in the dry, whilst the washing did its thing. The walk back up the locks was done in the dry. Once back on the boat the washing was hung up in the back cabin and engine room. During the afternoon, we had visitors to see the railway. Keith is always very proud to show off his creation to friends.
As Tuesday draws to a close, I am on to blanket number Fourteen for the Collies. With the weather still all over the place, I may get it finished by the end of the week, although we do have to get out and help with the festival site on Thursday and Friday.
Four more days to go.
If I do not post, I am busy.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails