*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 1 June 2019

Days 82 and 83. Almost done.

Hello Family, friends and followers.

We are still moored at Welford Junction on the Leicester Line of the Grand Union. I have continued with my painting.
The roof is done and I have been painting the hatches today. I am hoping that tomorrow will see all this rounds of paintwork done. The next lot will begin when we go into dry dock on Monday.
With it being a beautiful day today (Saturday). There has been plenty of comings and goings with boats. Some of them were entertaining to say the least and I really feel like I am going to start a fender poll. So many boats have there rear fenders dragging in the water, which is not the done thing. Either the owners do not realise they have fender droop or they cannot be bothered to sort it out. The junction has been also a source of entertainment, with boats doing a kind of boat dance to avoid each other. There have been boats coming in and out of the junction to fast, so getting themselves into all sorts of issues, including visiting the reeds on several occasions. We have heard every variety of horn being blown today as well. It beats watching TV.
Anyway let the fun begin again tomorrow I say.
We have been blessed everyday by the visit of a couple of Red Kite's, Buzzards and I saw a Water Vole. Also flying are the planes and gliders out of Husbands Bosworth. It has been a truly wonderful few days here.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails