*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 9 June 2019

Days 90 and 91: Flaming June.

Hello family, friends and followers.

Yesterday Saturday day 90 was somewhat of a washout for most of the day. I lit the stove and concentrated on my crochet and cooking until late afternoon, when the sun did actually put in an appearance. The rain was so welcome for us, but not for the Market Harborough Carnival, because due to the weather it was cancelled, which was incredibly sad for all concerned. The wind was blowing a hooley at times, so we could understand their decision. Apparently on the carnival field they lost three tents, so could not carry on. Anyway they decided to have a bit of a do on the Sunday instead, but no procession through the town. With the heavy rain during the morning, we discovered our Bullseye was leaking, so I covered it over with a plastic Roses box for now. I need to remove the sealant, and renew it all, but can only do that once we get home. With the sun coming out, we donned our coats and went for a walk down the locks. I get cabin fever if I am stuck inside for to long. I like to be doing something and outside. It was so lovely, we met up with Terry who used to be a lock keeper at Watford Locks, but is now retired. We had a good old chinwag with him and did a lot of catching up. Once back home, we spent the evening snuggled up on the boat.
This morning (Sunday), the sun was out and the wind was calm, so I got on with polishing the side of the boat, I had not had a chance to get done. We then we for a stroll to see who was about and to stretch our legs. I also got the chance to go out with my camera.
The weather for the next three days is apparently wet, so this afternoon we moved to junction of the inclined plane arm and winded, reversed back to top up with water, then took up our designated mooring for the Foxton Locks Festival, lock side of Bridge 60 100 yds no locks. Now looking forward to volunteering with the setting up for the festival.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails