*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 6 June 2019

Day 88. Busy blacking our bottom.

Hello Family, friend and followers.

I have been in the dead zone as far as the internet and phone signal is concerned. Our boat has been in dry dock being blacked.
For the first time in 12 years, we did not do the blacking ourselves. We let Les at Welford Marina do the work this time. I for one cannot do the work now due to health issues, so we decided that we would not put my body through it. It did however give me a chance to get other paintwork done.
I painted the gunwales, tunnel bands and forend. It also gave me a chance to spend more time over other jobs inside the boat. We have always taken great pride in blacking our own boat, but sometimes you just have to step back and let someone else do it. My Costochondritis and Hernia say no, and so I must obey and not kill myself.
Last night at The Wharf Inn, we went to watch the Mikron Theatre Group perform 'All Hand on Deck'. It was absolutely brilliant and a good time was had by all.
There was a packed house for an entertaining and at time very funny play. Well worth seeing if you get the chance.
This morning Les came in full of a cold to let us out of dry dock. He was going to let us out and then go home to bed and I cannot say I blame him.
Once out of the dock, we pulled over to the sanitary station to do our usual boating bits.
We then set off for Foxton.
Through Husbands Bosworth Tunnel. Time to remove some of the new blacking :-)
After a pleasant cruise we arrived at Foxton at 2.10pm and moored up near bridge 60 for a few days.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails