*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Waterways to get £110m boost.

It is nice to hear some good news for a change,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-13053394

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I remain sceptical. This announcement has been made after an earlier announcement regarding the possible inability of the new BW trust being able to provide sufficient funding to maintain certain waterways as commercial. The powers that be have therefore decided that the answer will be to downgrade certain commercial waterways to "cruising waterways", and as such require much less maintenance such as dredging and bank maintenance. I suppose we will have to wait and see how it all looks in a few years time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter and Margaret. I can understand where your coming from. The dredging situation is a real problem. Up on the Leicester Line we are constantly dredging for BW as we plough through the mud. Only time will tell if it will improve. I think if BW have their way volunteers will be doing a lot of the bank work. We are now part of a volunteer group at Market Harborough, when we are here in the Winter and apart from actually cutting the grass which is out to contract, BW are happy for us to take on any other job, of course under supervision and after having done, a method statement, risk assessment and of course H&S. So I think once BW is a charity things may indeed be very different.

    ReplyDelete

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting, I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails