*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****

Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.

I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****

Saturday 27 March 2010

What NHS???

I apologise that I have not been around for a few days. It has been a hectic week, one way or another. The week began quietly enough, which can be dangerous. I got on with stripping down our back cabin. Having let the stove out, I wanted to paint the back cabin ceiling, which was looking rather drab. Having taken down all the ribbon plates, curtains and lace. I rubbed the ceiling down and applied some white undercoat. Whilst that was drying all the plates needed washing and drying. They then had to be stored away for safe keeping, because some of them are old ones. I then set the washing machine going to get all of the back cabins linen washed. It was no so much dirty, but dusty from the stove. So this was the start of what I had hoped would be a productive week. Tuesday I got a coat of gloss on the ceiling and it was looking a lot fresher. Whilst I got on with boat jobs and Spring cleaning, the other half was not feeling so great.
3am Wednesday morning, I dialled 999 because K was feeling poorly and in a lot of pain. By 4.05am we were in A&E. Now if you know about A&E, you will know that they have a 4 hour turn around time. In this time they must see you, diagnose you, refer, treat or send you home. So having been seen by one doctor, we waited to find out if they were going to admit him, only for me to notice that on the treatment boat opposite our room, they had written home in the referral box, which annoyed me, because K was in so much pain. With just five minutes left on K's turn wound time, the doctor and sister were stood in A&E arguing about whether K was being sent home. The doctor said no and he wanted more tests, the sister was shouting "you have five minutes to sort him out". She was only worried about her target times and no my K. I was appauled that they stood in front of everyone, including me and argued about my husband. The decision was taken at 10 minutes past the target time to admit him the SAU (Surgical assessment unit), and on the board the sister wrote time for referral 8ish, just so she could cover up the fact that they were over time grrrrrrrrrrr. So we went up on to SAU and there he stayed. They tried killing his pain with a Morphine Injection and a Paracetmol drip, but they did nothing at all. I came home absolutely exhausted and was in bed by 8.30pm. On Thursday morning he was seen by his Consultants Reg and was told that they could do nothing else until he has his operation, so he could go home. The Reg was going to try and get his operation bought forward. I arrived at the hospital at 10am, having gone up by train to find K sitting waiting to go home. I was not amused. The hospital could have let me know. I had dragged all his things up to the hospital, because they had told me he was staying in arghhhhhhh. I felt like screaming. Is it me or has the NHS gone to pot?
So we are back home on the boat and trying to control K's pain once again. I have almost everything crossed that he goes in early for his operation, but I am not holding my breath, because we know that the Consultant is going on holiday for mush of April. Surely if someone is in pain then they should be finding out why. This has been going on for 5 months now.
Yesterday even though he was not feeling wonderful, we moved our boat to anothyer mooring spot, because our spot was needed. I actually prefer this spot as it is quieter and we have a bit of a view. I am hoping for a somewhat quieter weekend. I have re dressed the back cabin, which is looking nice once more. There are still a few things I want to do in there, but they can wait.
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.


Related Posts with Thumbnails