*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 28 December 2010

Hug the ones you love.

Hi Friends from around the world.

Live every day as if it were your last and make sure to tell and show your loved ones how much you care, treat yourself well, pursue your dreams, and jettison the life-wasting debris in your life. May we all live our lives to the fullest.



I do not know if you are the same, but at this time of the year, I do get a little philosophical and I reflect on things that have passed throughout the year. The one thing that has made me really think today is the death of Joanna Yeates (Click). I have tried to imagine what her family and friends have been going through since she was discovered missing and now of course since her body has been found. Christmas is supposed to be a time of great celebration, and yet for the Yeates family it will only ever been seen now as a time of tragedy and this goes for all the other people across the world, who lost someone over Christmas. I sincerely hope they catch whoever did this appauling thing to a beautiful young woman. My thoughts go out to her family at the dreadful time. If I had my way a life for a life would apply. There is no place in this world for someone who takes a life. Just my opinion of course. I have girl's and the thought of a similar thing happening to them, does not bare thinking about as far as I am concerned.
Christmas is supposed to be a celebration of Christ's birth and he is supposed to take care of us all. I do have to wonder if any of this is really true and I am sure Joanna's parents must be wondering the same thing.
If he cares so much about his subjects, then why does he allow this and other huge tragedies to happen?
Of course this is just me thinking out loud. Keith and I had this discussion whilst drinking our early morning brew this morning in bed. We do talk about some odd things whilst sitting in bed. Having put the world to right in our own minds, we then went on to discuss, what we will do when we can no longer move the boat, do locks or feel the need to move anymore. Neither of us has any plans to move back on to dry land, we have always said we will see out our day's on our boat. We will take a mooring one day that we do know, but as yet that is not needed. But one should never say never and if for health reason's we should find the need to leave the boat, it would be a difficult decision. For anyone living on a boat it is a decision that may have to be taken at some time. Some have already begun to take steps to move back on to dry land and that decision has come about because of the two Winter's we have experienced in one year. I am full of admiration for anyone who has taken the decision and I know it will not have been taken lightly. We must all do what we feel is right for ourselves and not be swayed by other's. Of course we can listen to other's advice, but at the end of the day we are the ones who must make the decision and be happy with it.
See told you I am in a philosphical mood.
I always like to treat people the way I like to be treated myself, this comes that in a hope that one day when I need someones help, they will be there to offer me a helping hand and on that note I am off down the town to see if I can buy a new Gillet (body warmer) for working in, as my old one has given up the ghost. So have a fun day everyone and remember to hug the one you love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails