*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 19 December 2010

Wintery Walk.

With it being such a crisp morning, it was ideal for a nice walk along the towpath. There were quite a few people out walking with their dogs, but I seemed to be the only person with a camera. I sometimes wonder if people walking actually ever look at the countryside and wildlife around them.
Paddy most certainly had a spring in his step. He was not paying much attention to the wildlife, he was more interested in the Police sirens going off. I caught a glimpse of a couple of Fieldfares (Click). They spend the Winter in the UK and can be seen in all over the British Isles. The Squirrels were out in force, probably searching for the food they had buried before this cold weather took hold. I reckon they will need a stick of dynamite to dig up their nuts now, because the ground is rock hard.The Wintery sunshine reflected off of the frozen waterway, making for a beautiful scene. Paddy and I strolled across the field where the Traveller's horses are tethered. It was a little dodgy under foot in places because being a marshy field there were puddles of frozen water. But we made it across without falling through the ice. This foal was so cute, it had the most wonderful coat to keep out the cold.
In all the walk took us an hour and it was pure enjoyment for me, not sure if Paddy felt the same. he is now collapsed in a heap by the fire. I am now off to do us something for lunch, so I will wish you a happy Sunday xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails