*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 24 September 2011

Busy Old Day.

Hi Folks.

After a fantastic nights sleep, it was up and atom to a busy old day ahead if we were lucky at Stoke Bruerne. First thing we did was move the boat back about 6 foot off of a slight bend, this also gave us a better TV signal, so it is a win, win situation.

IMG_5596

Keith and I set up shop  nice and early in a hope that we may get some customers and it was not long before we were selling bits and pieces. I think it was probably the best day we have had selling out summer items. I sold a couple a crocheted blanket and a cot quilt, which I am so pleased about. We also sold some playing cards and other bits and bobs.

IMG_5601

Marmite and Paddy were out and about on the back of the boat, Marmite decided that she needed to test out one of Keith's rag rugs. She certainly found them very comfy to lie on. The one great thing about setting up for a day of selling is we get to chat to lots of interesting people, who love to talk about their lives, hobbies and most of all about how to put the world to right, which really makes the day pass very quickly. Keith thinks they were probably attracted by the smell of our lamb casserole cooking in the back stove for tonight's dinner. I have added some dumplings and I may even have to open a can of beer to wash it down.

With the "Village at War" weekend only a week away we are expecting other boats to arrive soon. All's we need then is some nice weather to make it a fantastic weekend, but for now I am enjoying this weekend and all it has to offer. If the weather holds we may set up again tomorrow. Right now I am looking forward to my dinner and an evening in front of the TV.

Chat soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails