*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 8 September 2011

One minute its there.

Hi Folks.

Thursday morning and even though it rained heavily last night, it is now dry but windy outside. Sorry if I seem to be constantly writing about the weather, but it is serious for us at the moment.

Ok change of subject. Yesterday the boat which was moored in front of us, so we though great we will move further forward to be closer to Heather and Tony on the Fudge Boat, so we pulled out the mooring pins and hauled Hadar forward. Mooring pins back in, we then checked on the TV signal... Arghhhhhhh it had gone. We had only moved a couple of boat lengths and the signal was none existent, so much for the boasted digi signal I thought. Keith then realised that perhaps the Foxton Lock Keepers cottage was blocking the signal.

Foxton 2[2]

We checked the aerial was in the right place, but no joy, Keith even checked all the connections, but still nothing. So we pulled up the mooring pins and moved back to where we had come from and low and behold the signal was back Yayyyyyyy. So it seems the top lock keepers cottage is in the way. Keith now thinks it needs knocking down! or a huge hole drilling through it.

Foxton 2b[3]

Now we know that is not going to happen because it is a historical building, but his idea of blowing it up with dynamite did make me giggle and those who work from the cottage.

So here we will stay, so we can watch what TV has to offer. No idea what I am doing today yet. Paddy has been walked, the batteries have been charged and I should go and light the back cabin stove, so I am about to shut this down and do something constructive.

Have a good day xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails