*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 8 September 2011

Red or Black

Hi Folks.



Have just been reading about the tabloid storm over contestants being on the show Red or Black who have criminal records. I think we must appreciate that there are always two sides to every story and who are we to judge. 
The whole thing blew up after Nathan Hageman won the big prize on the first show. To be fair to Nathan he had told the powers that be he had a criminal record and had done his time. Of course there are those who are asking what sort of message does it give out when you allow criminals on to game shows?
But I would say to that it surely has to depend on the crime committed and whether that person has done their time. Nathan has clearly turned his life around and wants a second chance. I am not condoning crime at all, but he who casts the first stone and all that.
Last night as the contestants went into the live studio, one of the contestants was removed from the final eight. The male contestant was dropped amid fears that discrepancies in his information could be hiding criminal activity. Now they had better have been correct otherwise that contestant could actually sue them. It is a legal mine field really and your damned if you do and damned if you do not. I actually enjoy the concept of the program and of course who does not want the opportunity to change their life for good.
The only other thing that bothers me about the contestants is the fact that many seem unable to make the decision Red or Black on their own, they feel the need to ask their young children to decide. One contestant even suggested that if they got it wrong they would blame them for the rest of their lives, this I find incredibly sad. Make the decision yourself. You made the decision to go on the program, so grow up and decide for yourself. What happened to making a decision on your own? I guess it went the same way as common sense. 
Ok rant over with.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails