*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 6 September 2011

Let it blow.

Hi Folks.

Well I asked for rain and that is exactly what we got over night. I did not ask for the wind, but that came as part of the package. Of course I am not naive to think this is going to fix the water shortage problem over night, but it is a start.

This morning we heard the piece on the news where Keith talked to Nick Shaw from Hfm about the water shortage, he did a wonderful job and got the point over really well. It was also pointed out that the Foxton Festival will go ahead regardless of the water situation, this means that there may not be many boats at the event, but there will be plenty to do and see on the festival field and surrounding area.

Already this morning, I have taken Paddy out for his walk. Paddy was so unimpressed by the weather, but needs must he has to go out even if it makes him depressed. On the way back to the boat Glyn one of the Volunteer Lock Keepers was letting water down into the side pounds which were almost empty due to them draining out over night, so I guess we will be sitting on the bottom again today. Back on the boat Mog and Dog have been fed, Keith and I have also had breakfast and we are now catching up on e-mails etc. I have just put the generator on to charge the batteries for the day. Tesco have just text me to say they are coming between 2.35pm and 3.35pm with my food delivery, so I will go down the locks armed with my trolley and boxes to meet them. Apart from collecting my food delivery, I have absolutely no idea what I am doing today. I think a lot depends on what the weather does.

Canal News.

The body of a man has been found in a canal in Nottingham, police have confirmed.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-14800060

Chat soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails