*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 24 July 2019

Coming on a treat.

Hiya family, friends and followers.

Phew isn't it hot?
I reckon I have sweat buckets over the past few days. But time and tide waits for no man and as I have started, therefore I must finish. I am talking about the back cabin. Having done the prep work on Sunday, I got down to the hard graft on Monday.
Monday I first coated the walls and ceiling in the bed'ole area. With it being so warm it did not take long for it to dry, so I was able to second coat the walls in the afternoon. The ceiling got a second coat on Tuesday. In between painting and sweating, I put my feet up and watched films, because it was way to hot to go gardening and I was pooped.
Come Tuesday, with the ceiling drying, I painted the gear rods Red Gloss and then began to redress the front of the cabin.
First of all Keith, put the curtain rods back up for me. I then started arranging the plates on the wall. I was so glad I took a photograph before I took them down, because there was absolutely no way I would of remembered where they went.
Plates, brasswork and bits all back in place, it was time to again stop, as the heat was getting to much. We put the fan on in the saloon and sat and watch films. In the early hours of Wednesday morning, we were treated to a huge thunder and lightening storm, followed by copious amounts of lovely rain. Now my thinking was it would cool the air, but on getting up this morning (Wednesday), it was very soon apparent, that it was hot before 8am. Today I have second coated the gear rods and port holes and that is it. The heat is to much, so it was back into the saloon, feet up, fan on and watch The Borrowers. I am waiting for some new curtain hooks to arrive. As soon as they get here, I can rehang the back cabin curtains and the back cabin will be complete. I am so happy, I painted it English Sage and Magnolia. My next task is to make some new cushion covers to go with the decor.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails