*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 3 July 2019

Days 104 to 115. To busy to post.

Hiya family, friends and followers.

How lucky are you. I do not post for days and then I post twice on one day. Having sat out the worst of the heat over the lunchtime period, we decided to set off up the Atherstone Flight at 3.15pm.
We were fortunate that there were boats coming down the flight for some of the locks. This included a boat who was being bow hauled, because of no working engine.
His bow hauling could have been easier if he had less wood and junk on the roof. He also had very thin bits of tatty rope, which he reckoned were giving him blisters. The story was, he had a new engine fitted, but it was not finished. Anyway his mate was towing him, but his mates boat was behind him hmmmmmm.
We got to the top of the locks still in the sunshine and carried on cruising to bridge 35 Mancetter Bridge, where we pulled in and moored up for the day. We had done another three hours and fifteen minutes of cruising, plus the eleven locks. Tomorrow will be an easier day with just one lock, but the temperature is going up, so we will have an early start I think.
Dinner tonight was a curry, with Naan bread and a beer, which was very much deserved. I am going kindling collecting now, in order to get ready for the Winter.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails