*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 4 July 2019

Day 116. It is getting hot, hot, hot.

Hello family, friends and followers.

After a hot day of it yesterday, I spent the cooling of the evening collecting kindling, ready for the Autumn and Winter fires. I ended up with a coal bag over half full. Whilst out collecting wood, Ling came past, looking for somewhere deep enough to moor up for the night.
This morning we were up and ready to set off at 8.00 am. The plan was to get a lot of cruising done before the heat of the day took over. We cruised back past Hartshill CRT yard.
Charity Dock always amuses me, with its eclectic boats and fun dummies.
I reckon this place is full of wonderful treasure. Clearly the owners have a wonderful sense of humour.
We approached Hawkesbury Junction. I hopped off to work the lock and Keith did the turn.
I did have to ask a boater if they would kindly move off of the lock landing, otherwise keith would of hit their boat. They had moored up to apparently use the services. Anyway all was well once we got around the turn.
Always love this field of horses of all shapes and sizes. We also saw a Little Egret fishing with a Heron. There has been no end of ducklings and Moorhen chicks on our journey. We also saw a Terrapin basking in the sunshine. I have not seen one for years in the canal.
Having done Newbold Tunnel and Rugby, we were soon at the Hillmorton Locks. I was informed that all the locks are now working properly, after they had big issues with them a few days ago.
Our day ended at 5.30 pm. We are moored near Barby Wood Bridge No.78, 26.9 miles, 4 locks, 1 tunnel, 9hrs 30mins. A salad dinner was enjoyed and a good soak under a hot shower. It is going to be a sultry night I think. Nothing will stop me sleeping though after a long cruising day.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails