*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 2 August 2013

At the original home of Branston Pickle.

Map picture

Travelled 1.6 miles, worked 1 lock in a time of 1 hour 15 minutes.

SAM_5888

Last night it was 36 C inside our boat, it was sweltering. Paddy found it so much cooler outside, so lay out on the back counter to cool off.

SAM_5889
We left Burton-Upon-Trent at 8.35 am with a view to finding Morrison’s in order to do some food shopping because the fridge is looking rather bare.

SAM_5892

So we left the home of Marston’s and set off a short distance to ringed moorings at Bridge A38 (T). To get to Morrison’s we walked along the towpath to a pathway through an industrial estate. We then followed the footpath towards a roundabout where we turned left, again following the footpath towards McDonalds where we crossed the road there was Morrison’s, it was easier to find that we had thought. Having done a small shop, we set off again at 10.25 am to find a mooring for the weekend.

SAM_5897

We were met by a gaggle of geese, who moved out the way by forming an orderly line, usually they just get out of the water, but this lot seemed much braver.

SAM_5899

Home for the weekend is near bridge 34 and the Branston Water Park. Branston is the original home of Branston Pickle before production moved to Bury St. Edmunds in 2004. I look forward to having a good nose around over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails