*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 30 August 2013

Rugby to Norton Junction.

Map picture

Travelled 14.28 miles, worked 9 locks in a time of 6 hours.

SAM_6143

We left Rugby at 9.30 am having been to Tesco food shopping and we emptied the cassette and got rid of rubbish.

SAM_6144

We passed the Canal and River Trust boys who were very busy.

SAM_6148

We approached Hilmorton Locks.

SAM_6149

One out, and we came in at the bottom of the flight with a volunteer lock keeper there to lend a helping hand.

SAM_6150

I walked to the second lock, past the fantastic cafe.

SAM_6151

Second Lock. It was all like poetry in motion, one down and we came up, nothing better.

SAM_6161

No sooner had we got past Hillmorton Marina, we were in a convoy of four boats.

SAM_6162

The harvest is safely gathered in and the farmers are busy cutting their crops.

SAM_6164

Braunston Church comes into view.

SAM_6165

We stopped off at Midland Chandlers, as I wanted some paint and there was 15% discount till the end of August.

SAM_6166

Onward past the stop house in Braunston and up the locks with NB Dragonfly.

SAM_6168

Gates open ready for two boats waiting to go down.

SAM_6169

New raised paths along the towpath towards the tunnel.

SAM_6170

You will still get your feet wet though as they have not done some of the worst parts where the bank is leaking across the towpath.

SAM_6171

In to the tunnel.

SAM_6172

We found a mooring space near Norton Junction and this will be home for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails