*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 16 August 2014

Warwick Regatta.

This morning (Saturday). I needed to go to the Post Office to drop off a couple of parcels for Keith and thought I would take the opportunity to go and see some of the Warwick Regatta down on the river at St Nicholas and Myton Parks. Keith was staying on the boat as his back was a bit creaky, even though I had done my kneading job before he got out of bed.

IMG_7510

The Warwick Regatta, has the most amazing backdrop. The start of the races is from the base of Warwick Castle and finishes in between St. Nicholas and Myton Parks.

IMG_7482

The novice single skulls, was something to watch, as for many of them this was the first time they had raced in anger. The gentleman in the photograph above was racing in a wooden boat.

IMG_7483

He managed to get over half way, then his boat sprung a leak. He was sinking sadly. He did manage to get into the side before his boat went down and so the racing continued.

Keith rang me to let me know he was going to walk down after all to see some of the events. It would do his back some good, because keeping mobile is what is called for. Even with my Sciatica, it is far better when I am on the move.

IMG_7527

The Coxed fours were very good. Listening to the cox shouting his instructions was interesting.

IMG_7532

IMG_7546

On the Myton Park side they had up a tent for tea’s, coffee’s cakes etc.

IMG_7560

Before heading to the start in front of the castle, they were held riverside.

IMG_7569

The lady in the photograph above was amazing. She was being guided by the gentleman in the boat with the hi-vis jacket on as she was partially sighted.

IMG_7580

There had a been a few close races and some which were won by a country mile, as some of the boaters had taken detours into the trees or reeds. A great event though and so pleased we made the effort to go.

IMG_7515

There were some interesting cloud formations over the river.

IMG_7516

This one looks like something shooting out of the sky.

IMG_7519

Having enjoyed our first Warwick Regatta, Keith was ready to walk back to the boat, where I prepared lunch, the TV went on and feet went up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails